Here are 6 Home Selling Tips that can ensure you don’t turn buyers off
Buyers notice EVERYTHING when walking through a home. I mean everything. That’s why they are there. They want to take a good look at your home and determine whether or not it’s worth the asking price. And whether or not it’s worth the trouble. So when you’re asking yourself “how can I sell my house?” consider these six common buyer turn-offs:
- Odor – The average homeowner will become desensitized to the odors of their home. This is because they have probably lived in the home for a long time and simply become used to the way things smell. This is particularly true of pet owners and smokers. Unfortunately, home buyers do notice when a home has an unusual odor. No homeowner wants to worry about buying a house with a permanent “smell” they can’t get rid of.
This is a great tool for neutralizing bad smells: Enerzen O-888 Ozone Generator [Amazon] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7VOSH1?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_T1_6M059415QYBVSWFCQM1G
- Carpet and flooring – Flooring is one of the most visible areas of a home. Buyers will notice cracked tiles or a worn, dirty carpet. Make sure to walk through your Colorado Springs area home yourself and spot any repairs that need to be made. Consider hiring a professional carpet cleaner or replacing the carpet entirely if it is old.
- Paint and Walls – Paint is one of the least expensive ways to “spruce up” your home. Check all walls for chips, scratches, holes, etc. Then, consider completely repainting the outside trim, interior walls, and doors. This will make your home appear newer and cleaner.
- Get Rid of Clutter – Too much junk or clutter is a huge turn-off for buyers. Just because it makes you feel at home doesn’t mean it will make a buyer feel the same way.
psst …. We offer a FREE STAGING consult to any homeowner who chooses to list with us!
- Signs of mice, roaches, spiders, or bees – If you have any pests in your Colorado Springs home at all, contact a pest control company to have them eliminated immediately. You don’t want to take a chance and risk a potential buyer finding out your home has pest issues. This could end a deal before it even starts.
- Poor Landscaping – If your landscaping is messy, overgrown, or looks cluttered in any way, you need to fix it right away. Investing in landscaping before putting your house on the market would be wise to attract buyers. If you are unsure about your landscaping, ask a Colorado Springs real estate agent for their opinion. Also, review similar homes in your area, compare your landscaping to theirs. Make sure yours is among the best.
Buyers make positive or negative conclusions about your home within the first 5 minutes. So don’t underestimate the buyer and risk losing a battle before it’s started.
Our agents can identify any potential turn-offs that could exist in your home. Addressing those areas will ensure that buyers make a positive conclusion and fall in love with your house at first sight.
Visit www.ArtisanGroupCO.com. to learn more.